Free Marketing Tools – 10 Free Alternative Marketing Tools
Want to know what free marketing tools are out there in the world?
Below we’ve compiled a list of 10 completely free options to paid popular tools. These tools will help you manage your social media output, grow your emailing list, help you communicate with customers better and also provide you with the data you need to grow your business.
1. Analytics: Google Analytics
First on our list is Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a data rich tool that tracks the traffic coming in and out of your website.
This tool will be able to tell you how many people have been to your site, whether you need to change marketing tactics to improve traffic or whether a particular marketing campaign has increased engagement on your site. It’s a fantastic, 100% completely free resource.
2. Website optimization: Hotjar
Hotjar is a great tool to let you know what a potential customer is doing on your site and can help you fill in the gaps as to why visits to your site don’t always equal sales.
The Hotjar tool records what the customer sees and how well they are able to navigate their way around. It also records where customers pause their mouse and what keywords they search in your site. This gives you a chance to rectify any deficiencies in your site and maybe expand what you have to offer.
3. Messaging: Tawk.to
Tawk.to is a great live messaging app you can integrate to your shopify store.
The heart of any successful business is building great customer relationships. With Tawk.to you’ll be able to address any customer concerns, answer any questions and give your customer the confidence to make purchases.
The tool itself is very easy to operate, functional and efficient.
4. Social Media Analytics: Boom Social
Boom Social is a free media analytics and measurement platform that gives you data on your social media accounts. It shows you how your social media account matches up to your competitors.
In that way Boom Social is designed to provide wider insight for brands and to help them improve their online content strategies. Boom Social is particularly great for large businesses but if you have a small Shopify store and you are marketing on Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platforms it won’t hurt to utilize this free resource.
5. Social Media scheduling: Buffer
Buffer is a great social media scheduling tool. With it’s free option Buffer allows you to add up to three social media channels to it’s platform and make 10 scheduled posts per social media channel. The tool works with all the major social media platforms- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
The Buffer tool is highly recommended. It is a great time- saving tool that is ideal for small businesses. It has a very simple, clean layout that is very easy to use.
6. Website optimization: SumoMe
SumoMe is a free plugin that helps you increase traffic to your site through their “share” feature – which helps users share your content and images at a click of a button.
The plugin also has an array of other fantastic features, for example their list builder feature helps you build an email distribution list where you can collect the emails of users, and send them emails about your content. Their content analytics feature helps you get a breakdown of where users of your site linger and where they gravitate to most.
The tools interface is easy to understand, easy to integrate with many social media platforms and it is very easy to set up.
7. Real-time Analytics: Mix Panel
MixPanel is another great analytics tool. The tool offers simple data analytics aimed at growing your business. The bulk of primary data it presents you is about your customers. It analyzes customer behavior on your site and collates customer trends. Other features it offers includes:
• Data Management – keeps information clean and presented well in a way you will understand.
• Interactive reports – keeps you updated on relevant information about your customers e.g. what parts of your site they favour.
• Team dashboards and alerts – so you can communicate and send information to your team.
• Security and privacy- which keeps data protected.
8. Email Marketing: Klaviyo
Klaviyo is an email marketing tool that allows you to build up an email list of customers so you can send personalised emails.
With Klaviyo you’ll be able to send emails containing information on special offers and exclusive products to customers. You will also be able to give customers who have abandoned their shopping carts a little nudge.
Klaviyo can be integrated with the leading eCommerce platforms and tools like Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Stripe, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, and more. The platform is free for small businesses who have an email list of less than 250 people and you’ll be able to send up to 500 emails for free.
9. Email Marketing: MailChimp
MailChimp is another email marketing tool, similar to Klaviyo. This site will help you send beautiful and engaging newsletters, postcards, etc. that will represent your brand. Another plus is that these emails can be automated to be sent out whenever you like.
Through MailChimp you will be able to build a better relationship with your customers so they will think of you when they need the services or products which you offer.
The MailChimp free service allows you to add 2,000 contacts on your emailing list. It comes with a website builder, creative assistant and other marketing features. When your business expands and you want to grow your mailing list further you only have to pay an affordable price of £9.99 per month for their service.
10. CRM: Hubspot
CRM (customer relationship management) tools help you keep track of current and future customers.
With Hubspot you get a view of your entire sales, reports on sales activity and an overview on whether your team is hitting sales quotas. The free version of the tool also gets you great features like:
• Email tracking and notifications – where you’ll be able to communicate with customers.
• Prospect tracking – where you can keep track and follow up on potential customers.
• Meeting scheduling – a platform where you can meet with members of your team.
• Live chat – where you can chat with customers directly.
- 9 Shopify tools to Optimize Your Ecommerce Store
- Amazon Marketing Tools
- App Marketing Tools
- 8 Keyword Research tools to help you Increase Traffic to your Site.
- 10 of the Best Email Marketing Software for Shopify
- 9 Instagram Marketing Tools You Should Use in 2021
- 7 of the Best Live Chat Tools
- Free Marketing Tools – 10 Free Alternative Marketing Tools
- Brand Awareness Tools – 7 Marketing tools that will help Increase your Brand Awareness
- Facebook Marketing Tools – 10 tools to help you improve your Facebook marketing
- 8 eCommerce tools you should be using in 2021
- Top 7 Competitor Analysis tools
- 10 Best Social Media Management Tools
- The Importance of Social Media Tools
- 35 of the Best SEO Tools